**Update Farmhouse Fruit cake**

 

Hubby asked if I would make this cake for him again. Last time I made this cake the fruit, disappointedly, sank to the bottom ( first photo) and even though it still tasted good I vowed that when I made this cake again I would get the fruit perfectly distributed through out.

The original recipe advised to use 450 grams of self raising flour and to use two tablespoons from this amount to toss the fruit in. However, this time I added the whole amount of 450 grams of flour to the batter. I then used an extra 2 heaping tablespoons of flour to cover the fruit in.

Once I had made up the batter, I mixed in some of the dried fruit, but keep a few handfuls back. I added some of the batter to the bottom of the cake tin, then added a layer of dried fruit, then added the rest of the batter on top and then added the remaining fruit on top. I then used the back of a spoon to carefully press down on the fruit so that it was submerged slightly into the batter.

The photo above left shows the previous attempt and the photo on the right shows the attempt with the above changes. So much better this time around, lovely fruit all dotted about the cake. It looks so pretty now as well!

 

 

 

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “**Update Farmhouse Fruit cake**

    1. Aww thank you. The cake looks so much better with all the fruit spaced throughout it. Not sure if it was the extra flour or the layering of fruit in between the batter or both but glad that it worked this time!

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s